Tuesday 17 January 2012

Review: LIKES Papaya soap

Likes Papaya soap



I`ve never liked tan skin, not for myself anyway. I know everyone in my family are very tan, always in the sun. I try and avoid it, because 10 minutes in the sun and I start to get color.

The other night at work, I was talking with my co-worker Diana, originally from the Philippines, she`s been living in Canada for about 3 years now. Her and I were talking about skincare and cosmetics, mostly Korean ones, and how in Asia they`re obsessed with whitening products, while here it`s mostly about anti-aging and wrinkles, as well as trying to become darker. I have to admit, I have such a hard time finding normal serums for hydration and whitening.
During our conversation, I mentioned how I wanted to be paler, and that the night before I bought Rice Day soap online, but mentioned how I wanted to get Papaya soap but was worried about the drying factor that I`ve heard about it.
Right away she started telling me about how it works and how she can buy me some, I told her that the only place I could buy it was online for around 10$ a  bar. But she told me there was a Pilipino shop just around the corner from our work! (Talk about covenant)
The next day when dad picked me up, I went and bought myself two bars, 5.25$ a bar. So I got two for the price of one, if I would have gotten it online.

I don`t think I will use this one my face, because I have extremely sensitive skin, and sense this is drying, I don`t want it to dry out my face, only recently I found a regiment that works, and I haven't dried out for almost 3 months now. I don`t want to wreck it now, considering I`ve gone about two years with harsh dry patches of my face. I know I`m already pretty pale, next to my family members I glow, but I was to be like a porcelain doll.


Box: Front and Back



Bar: Front and Back




A little about Likes: This is a natural soap that helps to lighten your skin tone. It is made from Papaya, hence the name. Papaya is very high in vitamin C and enzymes, when applied to the skin, papaya enzymes help to eat away dead skin, reviling healthy new cells under, which will help to brighten your skin.

I will be using this on my body, mostly my neck and armpits, sense their different color then the rest of my body. My arm pits are very VERY dark, they look unhealthy, almost black in a way, I have tried everything to change that, I clean then well, always scrub with soap and water and a cloth, I have gotten them waxed, and I take very good care of them, but no matter what they stay the same sickly looking way, and I`m deathly embarrassed by them, I really hope this will lighten them.


My skin: Taken in early morning, before sun came up, Lamp light 7am.





(Lamp gives off a yellow cast >.< )

How to use: Wet your skin, be it body or face, lather up a generous amount to the area you want to use it in, massage well, and let it sit for AT LEAST THREE MINUTES (if you want to see any results you have to let it sit on your skin for at least this long)

Packaging: Personally I could care less about how packaging looks, though I know it matters to allot of people. I don`t like, nor hate this packaging, though I think it fits the product well. Why have the packaging outside the diamond inside?
Overall: 5/10

Scent: Very nice mild fruit scent, not unpleasant at all, so even the most sensitive nose should be able to handle this.
Overall: 7/10

Texture: once in a lather it feel much thicker than most soaps, which I find good, you get a lot with little use.
Overall: 8/10

Effectiveness: I have been using mine in the shower a few times a week, (so far three) and when I get out of the shower, my neck and chest look so nice and bright, though I don`t think I`ll see any real results until a good two or three months of use.
Overall: 7/10

Side Effects: I will admit, when I first some out of the shower, my skin does feel tighter, though it only last for about 5 minutes, soon after everything feels fine.


I will continue to use this for the next couple of months, along with my RiceDay Soap when it arrives, and I will do a follow up review to show you guys the results of this product.

I have a lot of new stuff to review, so I should post again soon
Till next time, Talk to you guys later.
|Dar|

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I've been using this soap for the past two months. It really does lighten up and brighten the skin. It takes a while to see the effects though.
    I had really really really (like unnaturally) dark knees, but I used this everyday for a month, and it evened them out :D
    Also, this product dried out my acne, thought sometimes it overdries, and my skin becomes dehydrated :/

    ReplyDelete