Monday 7 May 2012

Review: Neova smoothing gel



First off, I want to say, sorry guys for not posting anything, I feel bad. But my sister STILL hasn`t sent me my damn camera! Hopefully, sense I`m heading up to Edmonton for the weekend, help my dad move out there, she might drive down to see us while we`re there. AND! Bring my camera. She`s just been way to lazy to go and send it to me! So, forgive me for the crappy photo quality.

Anyway, in my last post I mentioned about a exfoiletor I was given by the doctor that checked out my face.
I wanted to give it some time, see it if was worth mentioning, and it was.


Neova: Smoothing Gel {Glycolic acid 10%} 59ml
Price: 38.97$ Canadian 


Description: This is a, Powerful 10% non buffered glycolic acid gel exfoliates surface cells, stimulates cell turnover, and faces visible signs of photodamages. This gel refines skin texture, reduces pore size and prepares the skin for maximum perpetration of treatment products to follow.




Though it is a small bottle, for 40$ I think it is worth buying, I've had it for a month so far and I think I have a little over half left, using it ever other day. It is an acid so instructions say to only leave it on your skin for no longer then 3 minuets, before washing it off well with water. It does itch like crazy if you leave it on longer then 4 minuets.

Effectiveness: This stuff works wonders! I mean it, I haven't had this clear of skin in SOOO long, no, my skin isn't perfect yet. But this really helps in keeping your skin clear of dead skin that can cause pimples, and it's very gentle on the skin but high powered. I've only had maybe 4-5 pimples sense I got it about a month ago, no painful cystic pimps either <3, I did feel one coming on, about three days ago in one of my old problem areas, but I used this two nights in a row, and now it's gone, and I didn't pick! So no red marks.
A part of me is starting to think maybe I might not need the operation is this keeps working as well as it has been.



My skin is staying clear, so I'm not being tempted to pick at it, and it's finally having a chance to heal properly without experience more breakouts, my pores look clearer/smaller, my face feels plumper, and brighter.  And my makeup goes on much smoother, and lasts the entire day without looking like crap at the end. I got home today and looked in the mirror and was like, WHOW! It looks like I've only had my makeup on for maybe an hour or so! (The foundation and blush parts, my eye makeup had started to smear a little lol)
Pros:
- A little goes along way, a dime sized drop covers the entire face
- Makes skin super smooth
- smaller looking pores
- calms pimples fast (WAY faster than even using a zit cream or tea-tree oil)

Cons:
- It is expensive for a bottle so small (but so worth it!)
- It makes you want to scratch your face soo badly when it's on (It is an Acid, so it burns, but it doesn't hurt as much as it makes you really itchy the last minute out of the 4 you have to wear it for.)

Regardless of the price, before I run out, I'm hoping to go back there and buy two more bottles, just so I'm stalked up.


No comments:

Post a Comment